Mark Your Calendar
Brain Injury Information & Training
Mary Lee Foundation Community Center
1327 Lamar Square Drive Austin, Texas 78704
Date ~ March 14th 2017 Tuesday Evening
Time ~ 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Topic: Intendu ~ Functional Brain Trainer
Intendu uses a platform of adaptive video games for training functional cognitive skills within real-life interactive scenarios using natural body gestures. Intendu is used in rehabilitation of working memory, inhibition, multi-tasking, attention, self-initiation, transference, persistence and more. Key features of the program involve the following components:
- Natural Body Interaction: Training the brain while being physically active
- Automatic Adaptation and Personalization: The cognitive and motor challenging games are adjusted in real-time to the needs and capabilities of the individual. This personalized adaptation enhances user engagement and to train independently.
- Fun and Engaging Real-life Experiences: Training using a realistic environment enhances transfer of training to daily life.
- Evidence Based Paradigms: The platform is grounded on neuroplasticity principles and the latest research in neuroscience, rehabilitation and neuropsychology.
- Training in Multiple Settings: To enhance transfer of the training to novel situations, the platform strives to challenge cognitive functions within multiple settings using a variety actions and gestures. The program can be implemented in acute or post acute care settings, rehab clinics or in the home environment.
- Tracking Progress: Intendu constantly tracks one’s performance and provides detailed progress reports that can be accessed from any location.
Clinical Manager: Rekha Nath, PT, MHS
Dr. Rekha Nath primary practice is located in Anaheim, California. She has over 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Nath is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center, Saddleback Memorial Medical Center and the Chapman Global Medical Center.
Participants will have the opportunity to review all aspects of this unique program. Participants will also be allowed to use the various video games to gain a better understanding of how each program is designed to improve one’s own functional performance.
Intendu also provides therapists and medical professionals a scientific based training modality that easily tracks a person’s daily, weekly and monthly progress.
Light Refreshments will be served.
If you have any questions or comments please forward to our moderator Chip Howe
* All training sessions are held on the second Tuesday of each month (same time and location), sessions are free of charge, open to the general public and no reservation is needed.