Austin, TX 78744
Salary: $16.50 /hour
The Mary Lee Foundation Southpointe (MLFSP) is a Non-Profit (501) (3) community-based facility for adults with cognitive and intellectual disabilities. The MLFSP is committed to assisting our clients to fulfill their potential in objectives such as independent living and community integration. The Billing Specialist/Office Coordinator will be responsible for billing, purchasing of weekly supplies, weekly budget and payroll, as well as, other several administrative tasks as needed. You will handle the processing of incoming payments along with the issuing of necessary paperwork.
- Reviewing service delivery logs for accuracy
- Entering billing into the CARE system
- Working with employees to make corrections in a timely manner
- Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility
- Manage the status of accounts and balances and identify inconsistencies
- Issue and post bills, receipts and invoices
- Check the validity of debit accounts
- Update accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments
- Ensure all clients remain informed on their outstanding debts and deadlines
- Provide solutions to any relative problems of clients
- Write thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data
- Other administrative duties as needed.
- 1-2 years clerical experience
- Valid Texas Driver License
- Experience with HCS and Texas Home Living program is a plus!
- Thorough knowledge of software programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher and other financial software programs such as Availity and Office Ally.
- Adherence to laws and best practices in regards to dealing with customers and data
- Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel) and ER software (JDE or other)
- Proficiency in English
- Results-driven and patient
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
- You must be VERY detail oriented, organized, professional, efficient and comfortable working with people with disabilities.
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking, may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines, and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting, bending down, and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance
- 24 Paid days off per year