Austin, TX 78704
Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour
Currently we are looking for more kind and compassionate people to join our Direct Care professional team. It takes a special person to raise their hand and take on such responsibility and we are truly grateful for all who are willing. This is a great opportunity for those who want to gain experience with disabled clients, or those who like to teach and help others grow.
Job duties include:
- Providing safety and supervision for adults with developmental disabilities,
- Assisting with bathing and dressing, supervising meal preparation,
- Medication supervision, teaching independent living skills classes,
- Assisting with activities of daily living,
- Providing transportation to medical appointments and errands,
- Assisting with cleaning, supervising leisure activities, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license (required)
- Must attend a four (4) day orientation (occurs 8a-5p Tues-Fri)
- Willing to drive a large passenger van required for full-time position
- Experience as a primary caregiver and/or experience or education that has provided opportunity to develop good organizational skills as well as an understanding and sensitivity to the needs of the disabled population.
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking, may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines, and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting, bending down, and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
The physical requirements for this position with or without reasonable accommodation are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Benefits: Medical/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance benefits are available for Full-Time employees; plus 24 Paid days off per year.
About Us: Mary Lee Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing diverse services and housing to adults with various types of disabilities. Founded in 1963 by Charlene Crump, Mary Lee Foundation inspires and involves persons with disabilities through programs, advocacy, and education. Today, the Mary Lee Foundation is as strong as ever, continually adding or expanding new programs and services, and expanding our reach to the disabled across our nation. We are a community of people from all walks of life with the passion to help the less fortunate and to provide care and compassion to all we serve. We are located at 1339 Lamar Square on South Lamar in Austin Tx.
- Sun-Wed 11p-9a (3 of these)
- 3-11p Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat
Part-time applications accepted for any of the above availability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age or any other legally protected status.