Austin, TX 78744
Salary: $28.00 /hour
About Us: Mary Lee Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing diverse services and housing to adults with various types of disabilities. Founded in 1963 by Charlene Crump, Mary Lee Foundation inspires and involves persons with disabilities through programs, advocacy, and education. Today, the Mary Lee Foundation is as strong as ever, continually adding or expanding new programs and services, and expanding our reach to the disabled across our nation. We are a community of people from all walks of life with the passion to help the less fortunate and to provide care and compassion to all we serve.
Duties: As our staff RN you would be charged with overseeing the medical care of adults with disabilities (developmental and mental health) which would include:
- Instructing patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Maintaining and reviewing patients’ records including posting tests and examination results
- Administering medications in accordance with physician orders.
- Following up on doctor’s orders and with pharmacies.
- Participating in annual meetings and performing quarterly and yearly comprehensive nursing assessments,
- Training the Direct Care staff,
- Placing and reading tb tests.
- Daily assessments as needed
- Graduation from an accredited school of registered nursing is required.
- 1-3 years experience as a registered nurse is preferred.
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities is a plus
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking, may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines, and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting, bending down, and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
The physical requirements for this position with or without reasonable accommodation are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in accordance with state regulations.
- Please be sure to list current license information on your application.
Salary: $28.00 /hour
PRN shift is also available.