Austin, TX 78704
Salary: $16.50 /hour
Mary Lee Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing diverse services and housing to adults with various types of disabilities. We are looking for a Case manager to enhance the quality of patient management, maximize satisfaction and promote cost effectiveness. The successful candidate will be accountable for the full patient care cycle. Case manager duties include assessing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating actions required to meet the client’s health and human services needed. A certified case manager is a plus.
- Coordinate and provide care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and client-centered
- Handle case assignments, draft service plans, review case progress and determine case closure
- Help clients achieve wellness and autonomy
- Facilitate multiple care aspects (case coordination, information sharing, etc)
- Help patients make informed decisions by acting as their advocate regarding their clinical status and treatment options
- Develop effective working relations and cooperate with medical team throughout the entire case management process
- Arrange abeyances with social services, health and governmental agencies
- Take the extra mile and interact with patients to keep track of their progress and to ensure satisfaction
- Record cases information, complete accurately all necessary forms and produce statistical reports
- Promote quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes
- Assess and address motivational and psycho-social issues
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by protocols, rules and regulations
- Supervising direct care staff
- Being on call one full week every four weeks.
- Bachelors degree in a human services related field (i.e., social work, special education, psychology, rehabilitation counseling, or sociology)
- Proven working experience in case management, including as a nurse, medical, mental health care manager or a related job
- Excellent knowledge of case management principles, healthcare management and reimbursement
- Previous experience with psychological aspects of care
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Familiarity with professional and technical emerging knowledge
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Compassionate with teamwork skills
- 2 years experience working with people with disabilities
- Supervisory experience preferred.
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking, may be required for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines, and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting, bending down, and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
Benefits: Medical/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance benefits are available for Full-Time employees on the 1st of the month following 60 days; plus 24 Paid days off per year.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.50 /hour