1342 Lamar Square Drive
Completed in 2013, The Legacy is the newest housing development on the square. This innovative, 48-unit building is both accessible and Eco-friendly.
Floor plans in this building feature 1 bedroom/1 bathroom and 2 bedroom/1 bathroom units. Water and trash are included in the rent. Rents range from $430 to $995 per month.
Typically affordable housing properties require a monthly income that is at least two times the monthly rent.
An application fee of $25 and security deposit are required.
To qualify for housing you must: meet the income guidelines, pass a criminal and credit check, and have a good rental history.
William Whitley – Property Manager – (512) 448-9628
Download our housing application here.
Features and Amenities
Meets SMART Housing standards
- Safe; the development complies with the Land Development Code and the adopted Building Codes for the City of Austin.
- Mixed income; the Legacy provides affordable apartments for low-income and very low-income individuals.
- Accessible and visitable; meets expectations set by the Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Texas Accessibility Standards, the adopted International Building Code, and by the City of Austin.
- Reasonably priced; the Legacy provides affordable apartments for low-income and very low-income individuals.
- Transit-oriented; the Legacy has a bus route located within one half of a mile.
- Fire alarm system made for people with hearing disabilities
- Braille and raised lettering on all signage
- Roll-in showers in all first-floor bathrooms
- Grab bars available for upper-floor unit showers
- Accessible parking and pathways
- Four-star energy rating
- Recycling bins
- Texas Solar Power Company solar panels
- Indoor and outdoor quality paints and coatings
- Water-conserving fixtures and appliances
- High-efficiency lighting, air conditioning, and heating
- Laundry room
- Community and lounge areas
- Onsite case manager and maintenance staff
- Onsite leasing office
- Close proximity to bus stops, shopping, entertainment, restaurants, pharmacies and more
- Weekly access to the onsite food pantry