Providing Comprehensive Post Acute Brain Injury Services.
The Mary Lee Foundation Rehabilitation Center is designed to provide a normalized community-based program to help adult survivors of brain injury and other neurological disorders to achieve the highest level of functioning toward independent living skills and vocational pursuits. The Mary Lee Foundation Rehabilitation Center Campus is located minutes from Town Lake, in beautiful Central Austin, Texas.
The program offers the services of a(n):
(A staff member may provide the service identified in more than one category above)
- Maintain competitive employment
- Accomplish the activities required for daily living
- Manage self-medication
- Improve cognitive skills
- Achieve emotional adjustment and effective interpersonal relationships
- Improve self-esteem
• Vocational Retraining – Development of skills in job search, interviewing, resume writing, adaptive work behaviors, situational assessments, computer literacy, and competitive employment.
• Activities of Daily Living – Teaching money management, nutrition, grocery shopping, meal preparation, home maintenance, personal hygiene, activity planning and public transportation.
• Self-Management of Health Issues – Learning to access public health resources, proper health and wellness procedures, proper nutritional practices, practical safety issues, free access to the South Austin Gym, and training in self-medication under supervision of our attending physician and registered nurse.• Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy – Focusing on attention, concentration, memory, problem solving, verbal logic, organization skills, self-monitoring techniques, and development of interpersonal skills.
• Group Therapy – Focusing on self-esteem, relationships, emotional adjustment, assertiveness skills training, and the challenges of community re-entry.
• Private Pay
• Worker’s Compensation
• Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
• Texas Crime Victims Compensation Fund
• Persons experiencing impaired functioning in areas such as employment, independent living, cognition, and/or psychological adjustment secondary to traumatic brain injury, cerebrovascular accident, or other neurological disorders
• Eighteen (18) years of age or older
• Medically stable
• Not an imminent danger to self or others
• Functioning at Level IV or higher on the Rancho Los Amigos Cognitive Scale
• Upon successful completion of our program, a client can take advantage of our affordable housing program conveniently located across the street from our facility. In addition, an individual can select from an array of affordable support options (for example, medication monitoring, financial oversight, securing medical services, accessing community resources, attending social events) provided by our Case Management Services.
• The Rehabilitation Center was awarded the distinguished “Employer of the Year Award” from both the Austin Mayor’s Committee for People with Disabilities and the Texas Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities in recognition of program excellence. Click Here For Information About Our FREE Brain Injury Support Group & Training
• Don Lilljedahl, ACSW, MSW, Th.M: Director
• Chip Howe, MA in Psychology: Admissions Coordinator
• Dr. William Munyon, MD specializing in Psychiatry: Neuropsychiatrist
• Tanner Noguess, LPC: Treatment Supervisor
Mary Lee Foundation
Brain Injury Services
Post Office Box 3174
Austin, Texas 78764
Chip Howe – Admissions Coordinator: (512)443-5777
Main Office – Phone: (512)443-1360
Business Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services Assisted Living Facility ID # 030071
Over 12 Years of Continuous CARF Accreditation
In 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015 the Mary Lee Foundation received the 3-year Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) Accreditation Award. This is the highest honor awarded by CARF internationally. Below is just a part of the summary CARF provided after awarding Accreditation:
In the following areas, Mary Lee Foundation Rehabilitation Center demonstrates exemplary conformance to the standards:
• The leadership is innovative and always collaborating in finding creative and low-cost and cost effective ways to assist the clients in their recovery from brain injury and in becoming independent citizens, hopefully living successfully on their own.
• The organization retains its experienced personnel who are dedicated and demonstrate a high commitment to the core values and mission of the organization. The interdisciplinary treatment teams exhibit professionalism, enthusiasm, and compassion while thoroughly addressing the physical, communicative, cognitive, leisure, and functional needs of clients and their family members. The team members demonstrate knowledge of and dedication to the rehabilitation process and genuine concern for the outcomes achieved by clients.
Visit the CARF website to learn more.Click Here To Read Our Most Recent CARF Survey Summary